Post Office Fiss Chairman has warned the post masters that the state -owned company faces a fight to raise the salary raised earlier this year amid negotiations of government funds.
Sky News has found that Nigal Railways, who was parachuted in the role last year, told thousands of post -office -offs managers this week that he did not receive certainty from the Whitehahole about the $ 120 million hike this year.
The amount was promised in November as part of the Post Office Fiss -Refilling Strategy Following the Horizon It Scandal.
Money Blog: Dolar Lur Sink and Market Gain erased
However, in a comment made to Sub-Postmasters on Tuesday, Mr. Relto said: “The discussions of our funds are positive and ongoing, but I would say honestly that we are working in a challenging financial environment.
“We are able to pay an additional $ 17 million in remuneration for the April and May trade in April and May,” he said, “according to one person, who participated in the Conference Ninellar Conference,” he said.
“The reality is that we build in the direction of lifting $ 100 million in the direction that we are likely to have many growth announcements in the next 12 months, as we progress with our funding representations.”
Mr. Relten told managers that he expected more updates from the government “with the final decision in the next few weeks, in June”, the source said.
Post Office Fiss Chairman acknowledged that “this is far from the ideal – I want to give you more financial certainty for future years,” they added.
The Post Office Fiss is dependent on the government’s funds, and outlines plans for ambitious transformation plans that include more than 100 directly managed branches.
As part of the restructuring, a significant number of jobs are also being cut in the company’s head office.
This story originally appeared on News.sky.com read the full story