NapEW York – NBC News appointed Tom Lalamas on Wednesday to replace Lester Holt as anchor of “Nightly News” starting this summer, but he is not abandoning his streaming newscast.
The 45 -year -old Lalamas’s elevation was widely expected. After switching from ABC to NBC in 2021, it has been the main option of Holt on the broadcast news summary. It is also essentially lead anchor for an hour’s “top story” show for the NBC News Now Streaming Service.
Holt said last week that he was leaving the position of “Nightly News” a decade later. It plans to stay on the network to work on “Datline NBC”.
Genell Rodrigz, executive vice president of NBC News of Programming, said that in Tom is the winning combination of journalism, passionate story, and inevitable integrity – NBC has been a long -lasting trademarks.
Read more: 22 The most controversial Saturday night live moments
He leaves ABC’s David Muir as “World News Tonight”, as well as the longest serving news anchor on the leader of the ratings. CBS News changed Norah OD Nell earlier this year to the John Dickerson and MR UR Res Dubois team.
While the news has been a very different atmosphere since the days have been pushed into millions of homes in dinertime, ABC, CBS and NBC Newscast reach more than 10 million viewers from one night. Anchors are generally considered the face of the broadcast news section.
Lalamas will take that role while retaining his job on the streaming service. Its “Top Story” Newscast will begin every week after the “Knightley News” ends.
This story originally appeared on Time.com read the full story