Toronto – Premier of NT Natario, the leader of the most populous province of Canada, announced that it effectively on Monday. In response to President Donald Trump’s trade war, 1.5 million Americans charge 25% more for electricity.
NT Natario provides electricity to Minnesota, New York and Michigan.
“I will not hesitate to raise this charge. If the United States rises, I will not hesitate to completely shut down electricity, “said NT Natario’s Premier DG Ford at a news conference in Toronto.
“When I say, believe me I do not want to do this. I feel terrible for American people who have not started this trade war. He is a person who is responsible, he is President Trump. “
Ford said the tariff of the NT Natario will remain in that place despite the one -month release from Trump, the one -month break is nothing but uncertainty.
Ford’s Office Fiss said that the US to add 25% surcharge to the new market rules. Need any generator selling electricity. The NT Natario government expects that it earns $ 300,000 Canadian Dollars Lir (8 208,000), which is $ 400,000 (7 277,000) per day, which will be used to support NT Natario workers, families and businesses. “
The new surcharge has been applied to the Federal Government’s initial CA of $ 30 billion ($ 21 billion), as well as items such as American orange juice, peanut butter, coffee, equipment, footwear, cosmetics, motorcycles and some pulp and paper products.
Striking Started a new trade war Last week, Washington imposed tariffs against Shington’s three largest merchant partners, dragging immediate revenge MeloCanada and Oily And send financial markets to the tail.
Trump later said that he has postponed 25% tariffs on many of Canada and Mexico goods for a month, among the widespread fears of one. Widespread trade war.
Ford estimates that it will add CA $ 100 ($ 69) a month to each of the affected American bills.
“It needs to be finished. Until this tariff comes out of the table, the NT Natario will not calm down until the risk of tariffs go for good, “Ford said.
Ford said that Trump changes his mind every day, but if he continues to attack Canada, he will do everything he will take to maximize pain.
“Republicans, at least whom I talk to, President Trump does not agree, but he is very scared to go out and say publicly,” Ford said. “It’s a shame but we need to finish this.”
This story originally appeared on NBCNews.com read the full story