Channel 4 News has accepted the son of a Hamas officer shown in parts of his daily coverage of the Israel-Hamas war.
The appearance of Amen Aliazouri’s son – who has worked as Hamas’s Agriculture Minister – Follows the dispute In BBC.
BBC’s chair Sameer Shah told MPs on Tuesday that the BBC documentary The inclusion of 13 -year -old Abdullah Al Yazouri was “really, really bad moment” and “heart to heart” for the impartiality of the organization.
On Tuesday, Channel 4 Abdullah also issued a statement to introduce the “three short news segments for the program”, though it represents a handful of minutes in just “hundreds of hours” of the output.
“Abdullah Al Yazouri appeared clearly in any documentary broadcast on the Channel 4” but appeared “as part of the widespread packaging and other voices, including Israeli voices … and is consistent with our principles of proper fairness,” Broadcastar said.
Channel 4 stated that no payment was made to the boy or any of his family members, and after that, once the foreign reporting team was aware of the role the boy’s father played, they “decided to re -show him”.
“The archived copy naline copy of the reports was taken to provide additional reference in which Abdullah shows.
“Where reference cannot be added, that is, in social media, the material was removed in line with standard editorial processes.”
Broadcaster added that he is proud of his proper fair coverage throughout the conflict in Gaza and “endorsed the highest editorial standards”.
Read more from Sky News:
Think on Meghan’s new Netflix range
Oliver Awards: Nomencies are out
Little Britain Star apologizes
Last year, Channel 4 News was declared the News Program The Year at the Annual Royal Television Society (RTS) Awards.
The RTS said that Broadcaster assured him that no video content featuring Abdullah Al Yazouri was shown in his award entries and his “no plans to cancel the award”.
Last week, the BBC apologized and removed the documentary Gaza: How to avoid the Warzone from the iPlayer, said that he identified “serious mistakes” in the program, which included Abdullah as a narrator.
The corporation’s statement added that the full “fact-figuring review” would be carried out, and there is no plan to re-broadcast the program in its current form or return the iPlayer.
Secretary of Culture last week Lisa Nandi One “Immediate meeting” With the corporation over the film.
This story originally appeared on News.sky.com read the full story