Donald Trump tells his cabinet secretaries that employees’ decisions are not on Alon Musk. US Change in military health care program puts providers in a difficult place. And the Formula 1 star Lando Norris keeps an eye on the title of 2025.
Here is what to know today.
Trump has placed a new limit on Musk’s authority between Dodge backlash
President Donald Trump said yesterday after a meeting, including some secretaries and his billionaire consultant yesterday that the staff decisions in the federal agencies would be left to the Cabinet Secretaries of the Trump administration. The new message reduces the right of musk to the rare public as it helps to reshape the federal government by the government’s efficiency department. Kasturi set foot on the toes of some cabinet secretaries, and other Republican cuts have been bursting at the speed and intensity of the cut.
“It is very important that we cut the level where we should be, but it is also important to keep the best and productive people,” Trump said on Truth Social. “We say ‘scalp’ rather than ‘hatchet’,” he later added to the social media post.
This is the morning’s rundown, a week -long newsletter to start your day. Sign up This is here To get it in your inbox.
The instructions given to the cabinet members are that they should work with dodge on costs and reductions of employees, Trump said. The final job cut will be at the discretion of the department leaders. But if not enough cuts, Trump hinted that the musk would take steps.
In the first week of Trump’s second tenure, the cuts made by Doge, which include firing thousands of employees and to go to the shutter of the entire agencies, are led to the lawsuit, voter concerns and concerns from the Congress Republicans. Some Republicans have sought more transparency in the work of the dodge. This week, some Senate was found with Republicans behind the closed door to relieve Musk’s concerns.
Nevertheless, Trump assured to praise musk and dodge after yesterday’s meeting, saying that “they have done a wonderful job.”
Read the whole story here.
More Politics News:
- Striking 25% of the tariffs walked back About half of the goods coming from Mexico and about 28% of the food from Canada – the second time the President has announced and then backtrack on the tariff.
- A federal judge Trump administration till Monday Many non -powerful groups and assistance organizations influenced by the order of stabilizing foreign assistance and shutting down USAID.
- Maga activists have turned against Supreme Court Judge Amy Koni Barrett. Here is why.
- There are two Trump companions Began a bid for leadership roles With the DC Bar Association, an attempt that will give them more control over the dominant legal group.
- US There are immigration agents Plan to perform a new operation to arrest migration families Who entered the country with their children.
- US In the Ukrainians said they Fear of sending back to the field of war Trump said they would decide whether to cancel the temporary legal status of more than 280,000 people who resurrected from 2022.
Jobs’ report is expected to show growth, but uncertainty looms are
When the Bureau Labor Fat Labor Statistics publishes its monthly employment report for the month of February, he expects to add about 170,000 new payroll last month. It is above 143,000 job benefits in January. And the unemployment rate is expected to remain stable %, analysts said. But President Donald Trump’s agenda shapes, including the still developed tariff agenda and a large number of job cuts, the strict US economy may soon show signs of trouble.
This week, two unofficial reports showed the job market that was scaling back. Job-cut announcements reached the biggest level of one month in February after the epidemic ths in mid-2020, ”said Gray and Christmas Consultancy Challenger. And in the private sector payroll processor ADP in February, 000 77,7 was netized, which was predicted. Read the whole story here.
What is the cause of disruption in a military health care program
This year, a change in tricer, military health care program, which benefits about 9.6 million people, has brought cascading to millions of service members, their families and network providers across the country.
On the east coast alone, about 16,000 health care providers have not been paid for months, so many are considering leaving triche patients, reducing their hours, or closing their clinics. On the west coast, the beneficiaries are struggling with long call center waiting time and stuck referrals and rights, federal officials said.
Reporter Melissa Chen spoke to some families and providers influenced by recent changes. Of those there is an army sergeant. Bo Hagins of Tennessee, who had his 8 -year -old son, who has autism, had to stop being taken to the appointments of business therapy. Meanwhile, Brenda Stephens, a provider of San Diego, had to pause all services for 350 tricked patients of her mental health clinic and released seven employees.
The Defense Health Agency, which monitors the tricker, has acknowledged that many challenges have been posed across the country since the beginning of the year. A DHA spokesman said the agency was working with contractors to solve the issues. Read the whole story here.
Read all about that
- Brad Sigmon is a South Carolina man convicted in a double murder of 2002 Firing troops to die This evening.
- Another death in the ongoing Ouri eruption Reported in New MexicoWhere one adult performed a positive test for the disease.
- A new study suggests that the less you eat butter, the longer you can live. Here’s what to exchange.
- Former Olympic Snowboarder, who has been accused of running a murderer transational drug trafficking operation is now On a list of FBI’s 10 Most Wanted Fugitives.
- Space The contact with his starship rocket was lost In a test flight yesterday, the second consecutive shock for the upcoming Pay Generation Magarket.
- In 2022 the text messages of the existing roommates of the four Idaho Callege Lage Students made fatal stabs Show their anxiety and confusion On the night of the murder.
Staff picked up: F1’s Lando Norris is ready to win all of them

I became Formula 1 fan when I was 11 and won the McLaren team championship. Twenty -six years later, I got an interview with Lando Norris for NBC News after the 2024 season, in which he led McLaren to his first constructors title after the 1998 season. Norris is not a typical interview (for at least one journalist who mainly covers politics). His racing talent is extraordinary, but he is also personal and authorized.
Despite his first four races won this season, Norris diminished with his important goal, ending the runner-up to Max Vertapen for the driver’s crown. We chat about his reflection on 2024, his frank entering his mistakes, and Why is it ready to come back strong As the new season begins next week. – Sahil Kapoor, NBC’s senior national political journalist and F1 correspondent
Choose NBC: Shopping Nile Buy, Easy
It is the last day of the Wal Lamart’s Spring Break LUGG Gauge Cell, with a backpack, mango-s ns, duffel bag and a maximum of 40%. Here is the NBC Select team Top elections from sales. Plus, here is 15 Best Pimple Patches Healing a breakout, some of which have also been tested by selected personnel.
Sign up for selection Hands-on product reviews, specialist shopping tips and a look at the best deals each week and a look at sales.
Thank you for reading this morning’s rundown. Today’s newsletter was cured for you by Elizabeth Robinson. If you are a fan, please send a link to your family and friends. They can sign up This is here.
This story originally appeared on NBCNews.com read the full story